Friday, May 10, 2013

After a Long Break...


It’s been a while since my last blog post, so let me start off by thanking those of you who are continuing to follow me on my social networks.  We live in a time where people must continually be present online to market themselves to their audience.  Because of the nature of my desired goal (to publish books), it was especially disastrous when my computer overheated.  My information was saved, and moved to a jump drive, but I don’t have a reliable computer to continue working with.

Currently, I’m using a computer that was given to me by my sister, and it’s been very helpful when it comes to fulfilling basic tasks (browsing the internet).  Still, this computer has its own problems.  It has to be restarted several times before the screen will display images.  Often, when it does display images, they look smeared.  It’s almost like looking at abstract art, except I’m just trying to watch news videos.

The other computer (the one that overheated) is pixilated, and won’t function if I try to view web pages.  It would be impossible to accomplish anything on that computer at this point.

Bored yet?  I tend to get longwinded.

Anyway, I have thought about posting more blogs, but when my computer stopped, I stopped.  If I’m not currently making progress on a book, why would I continue to blog?

Good question.

Thanks.

The answer is this:  This blog started out as a place where I could share my journey.  This is just another part of my journey.  My stories didn’t disappear, they’re just not finished.  It’s going to take longer to complete them now that I need a new computer, but it’s actually giving me some time to think about my work and where I’d like to go with it.

On a very quick note (more to come on this topic), I’m thinking about going back to school to become a teacher.  I’ll talk about this more as I make progress (or if I fail to make progress).

My sister is graduating tomorrow.  She’s an incredibly smart person, and I’m proud of her.  I’m very thankful to have a family that I love.  My brother and sister are two very intelligent people, and I’ll be seeing both of them (along with my mom [Happy Mothers’s Day!], and my grandmother [also, Happy Mother’s Day], and my Dad [Happy Late Birthday!] tomorrow.

My sister studied education, and maybe she’ll be able to give me some pointers on becoming a teacher.  I’ll keep all of my readers informed, whether I fail or succeed.  It’s all about the journey, so let's see how it goes.

As always, thanks for following.

No comments:

Post a Comment