Friday, February 8, 2013

Indie Review: Dark Tales, by Angel Sharum


Angel Sharum has been a good friend and somewhat of a mentor for me as I try to learn more about online networking and how to promote my writing.  She's deserves credit for creating the cover to my short story "Disclosure," and already has several books under her belt...  This, is Dark Tales.

Who will like this book?  This book contains 25 short stories, many of them with twist endings.  More specifically, anyone who enjoys true-to-life horror stories will enjoy this book.  Most of these stories are scenarios that could actually take place, but Angel Sharum even throws in a couple of (what I consider to be) science fiction stories for your reading pleasure.

Personally, I like being shocked by the bold realistic content offered in most of the stories.  The book opens with "Loss of Innocence," a story that captured my imagination by putting me in the most unlikely of situations:  A young girl, trying to draw the attention of her abusive father away from her sister.  The twist?  It wouldn't be fair to give that away, but I wouldn't be surprised if you were able to get "Loss of Innocence," the first story in the compilation, entirely for free by downloading the sample of Dark Tales...

Angel Sharum doesn't restrict herself to writing about abusive daddies.  She displays a wide range of terrifying possibilities throughout the book, and I thought the variety of stories might have actually been the best part of owning the book.  I never knew what to expect, but could always count on twists and unique stories.

Find out more about Angel Sharum at her new author website, and her blog, Angel Sharum's Storyboard.

Download a free sample of Dark Tales, by Angel Sharum, on Amazon.

Support Angel Sharum and other independent writers.  Download samples, and buy the books that interest you.  Independent writers fill the gaps left by traditional publishers.  Although these books are usually high quality, they tend to be less expensive.  Buying books from independent writers help the author and the consumer by creating a demand for a wide variety of quality content.  Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the review, Josh! I truly appreciate it and look forward to more of your writing.

    ReplyDelete