Friday, January 4, 2013

After the Holidays


I try to post one new entry every week, but I decided to skip last week's post and use the holidays as an excuse.  There really is a lot going on around Christmas and New Year's Eve so I didn't think anyone would have time to read my blog even if I had found the time to post a new entry.  Now that the holidays are over it’s time for me to stop making excuses, and get back to my writing commitments.

First of all, I’m back to writing my science fiction novel, “The Dream Machine” (more on this in a future blog)... I’m intentionally being vague about this book, because I want it to succeed.  I’m still writing it, not even to the editing process yet, and I think it would be better to talk about the book closer to completion.  Then again, I don’t have a clue, because it’s going to be the first full-length novel I ever publish.  I’m learning as I go, and I’m having fun.

Speaking of learning as I go, that’s one of the main topics of this blog.  I’m here not just to promote my books (I only have two at the moment), but to create an open window to the life of a writer.  It’s been a long road getting to this point, and I still have a long way to go, but never before have I been able to share my stories with the world.  Self-publishing is a wonderful thing, and I’m extremely happy to be a part of it.  That being said, I’m going to post an entry about my writing history next week, probably a two or three-parter.  I’ll talk about my previous writing attempts, failures, and successes.

How was the holiday season for the rest of you?  Counting Christmas Eve and Christmas day I spent twelve hours on the road, driving.  It was short and sweet, but it was nice.  I got to spend some time with my family and got some nice gifts.  My favorite gifts so far:  an audio book about John F. Kennedy, and a gift card for Amazon.  The audio book was useful during the drive home, and I’m anxious to buy some new books using my gift card.

As for the new year... I'm happy to be a part of it.  I'm excited about what I might be able to accomplish as long as I can keep my motivation up and my procrastination down.  Happy New Year to everyone, and thanks for reading.  There’s plenty of work to be done this year, so keep checking back for my new blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment